Article Submission Guidelines
Naturopathy Digest encourages article submissions addressing any topic related to the art, philosophy and practice of naturopathic medicine. Submissions can address technical/clinical subject matter relevant to your colleagues, or more consumer-friendly information relevant to patients and potential patients.
Articles should be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with a color photograph and complete curriculum vitae of the author. Please adhere to the following guidelines when submitting an article for consideration:
- All submissions should include verifiable contact and credential information. Please enclose a current curriculum vitae and biography with your article submission. We encourage submissions from graduates of accredited naturopathic colleges. The editorial board will only review articles not meeting that requirement if the author’s educational background/credentials make them a reasonable authority on the topic being discussed. Our goal is to publish accurate information that helps inform and advance naturopathic medicine in the 21st century and beyond.
- All articles submitted to ND must be original works not currently under review or accepted for publication by another print or online journal. Likewise, previously published material will not be considered for publication.
- Articles must not be commercial or promotional with respect to products or services. Any such references will be omitted or reworded in general terms. Articles that focus on proprietary techniques or products will not be accepted for publication.
- All article submissions that rely on published research or other material that is not the author’s own and is not readily known to the average reader should be accompanied by complete references. Please check all references to ensure they are accurate and formatted consistently before submitting your article.
- For formatting purposes, we prefer Microsoft Word documents in an 11-point Times New Roman font. If you do not have Word, a simple text file will work, even pasted into the body of an e-mail message.
- Whenever possible, avoid imbedding references or images in the text of your article. Doing so complicates the editing process.
- If your article contains photos/images/etc., please attach as individual files and provide complete captions. All images should be high resolution, 300 dpi, 450 x 600 pixels or higher, preferably in .jpg or .tif formats. If you send images that do not meet these requirements, we will request that you resubmit them.
- All submissions are reviewed within four weeks of receipt. An editorial panel reviews all articles. You will receive notification in writing (e-mail or regular mail) as to whether ND is interested in publishing your article. The editorial panel considers various factors in determining if an article should be accepted for publication, including: the topic of the article, its relevancy to the naturopathic medical profession and our readership, the qualifications of the author to speak on that topic, the overall readability of the article; and the uniqueness of the topic with respect to recently published articles and/or content already scheduled for publication.
- If an article is accepted for publication, a standard “Assignment of Copyright” form will be sent to you. It must be signed and returned before we can publish your work. This copyright form ensures you have not published your work elsewhere, and allows your work to be published online at www.naturopathydigest.com. Moreover, this copyright form allows your article to be distributed to content-sharing engines such as United Press International and others. If you wish to reprint the article in another format subsequent to publication, the article must include acknowledgement that it appeared originally on our Web site. This also protects you from those who would attempt to use your article illegally.